The objectives of MAppERS are:
- Identifying gaps in the information sharing system in terms of territorial knowledge;
- Empowerment of civil society members as ‘territorial mappers’ through GPS-localised mobile devices (citizens – CP volounteers);
- Design and implementation of dedicated training courses on the monitoring actions from citizens;
- Crowd sourcing in hazard management as key-strategy for the active participation of population reducing costs of recovery;
- Enhancing active participation and responsibilisation of the population in territorial management and risk mitigation.